WELCOME TO WAKE WOMEN'S SOCCER LEAGUE'S FALL 2023 LAUNCH!
SEPTEMBER 10 - NOVEMBER 12
WOMEN'S O30 & O40
APEX NATURE PARK
The season is underway!
If you'd like to join us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before attempting to register.
You will need to create an account and upload an appropriate photo for your player card. We have obtained a discount from NCASA of $15 off their annual fee for 2023.
Age exceptions: 2 underage players will be permitted per team. Underage players are players who will be 29 on 12/31/23 for our combined 30+/40+ division. ONE of the 2 underage players may be 27+ on 12/31/23.
If you DO NOT HAVE A TEAM, register using the Player Registration button and select "Individual O30" or "Individual O40" as the team name. We will place you on a team. Goalkeepers, please follow the "WWSL VIP" link on the left of the registration page.
If you HAVE BEEN INVITED TO A TEAM, register using the Player Registration button and select your team. (Your team name will only appear after your team organizer submits a new team request.) All players, those registering as individuals as well as those registering onto a team, pay the same player fee. Goalkeepers, please also follow the "WWSL VIP" link on the left of the registration page.
If you are BRINGING A TEAM, your first step is to email us at email@example.com with your division and team name, so that we set up your team for registration. (After your team is established, you will register as both Coach and Player.) Minimum roster is 18. You will need at least 12 paid players by August 20 to stay on the schedule as a team. If you only have a partial team, we will work with you to fill out your roster as we get closer to season start.
Team Coaches (managers, organizers and/or captains) register using the Coach Signup Register Now button after your team is created. Registering as a coach does not place you on the roster and permit you to play. If you want to play, you must also register as a player.
If you are bringing a team to the league, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the team's name and division of play so that your team can be set up for registration. Once your team is set up, the team can be selected during player registration.
League policies, player code of conduct, and additional information are available on our website: www.wwsleague.com.
What is the refund policy?
To request a refund from WWSL, please email our office. WWSL will provide a full refund for any players who paid for a season, but who were not rostered onto a team. Full refunds or full credit for future seasons are available for paid players if a season or division is cancelled by WWSL. Other league fee refunds will be considered on a case by case basis.
The NCASA State Fee/Annual Pass will be refunded if a player has never taken the field.
Once a player steps on the field, NCASA insurance is engaged. If a player has played in a game or practiced at the field, NCASA cannot provide a refund.
What is the policy for substitute players?
Substitute Players Policy
WWSL allows for substitute (sub) players based on the specific criteria listed below:
• All registered teams must have a minimum of 18 full-time, paid players on the team roster before a sub pool can be created.
• Sub players registration must be completed online prior to the game start such that the team captain can print a copy of the roster showing the guest as a valid player for the game.
• Sub players must pay the $30 NCASA player pass fee ($15 for 2023) upon registration if they do not have a current, valid NCASA player pass.
• A sub player will pay a Game Day Fee of $12 to WWSL prior to each game they play.
• The sub player registers online as a “Substitute Player” for the specified team through the WWSL registration system.
• The player registration fee must be paid to WWSL before an NCASA player pass is ordered.
• The player must upload a color photo during the registration process.
• If a Team Captain does not have enough players for a given game, the captain may add players from their sub pool.
• If a sub accepts the invitation to play on a specific game date, the Team Captain must direct the player to register and pay for the Game Day Fee via the WWSL registration system.
• Once the game fee is paid, the Team Captain must print out a Game Day Roster showing the sub player with the specific game date.
• The roster must be presented to the referee before the game is played and may only be used for that specific game.
• The sub player will no longer appear on the Game Day Roster after the game date.
What is policy for player uniforms?
· Teams are responsible for providing their own uniforms.
· We encourage players on each team to wear matching, numbered shirts or jerseys.
· Numbers should be a minimum of 8 inches in height and visible on the back of the shirts.
· Teams are encouraged to purchase two sets of shirts (light and dark) to manage uniform color conflicts
· The home team is responsible to change jerseys in cases of color conflict between jerseys.
· Trading shirts during substitutions is prohibited
· Matching shorts and socks are encouraged, but are not required
· Players must wear shin guards, shorts, and shoes.
· No player will be allowed to play without shin guards.